Mayaro the Band featuring Snakey.
Ching Ching presented by D Project Records featuring Blaxx, Chucky and Hollywood Sachy
Patrice Roberts of TEAM HD performs at Presentation College’s (San Fernando) PREStige – The Double Gold Edition.
- PREStigeX2GOLD Launch (bandwagonist.wordpress.com)
- Machel & Kes on PRES Honour Roll (bandwagonist.wordpress.com)
- RedBull riddiMIX (bandwagonist.wordpress.com)
- PAYOLA – SOCAlled artistes count lo$es (bandwagonist.wordpress.com)
- Machel Montano – Vibes Cyah Done (bandwagonist.wordpress.com)
- Machel Montano Nominated for Soul Train Award 2011 (bandwagonist.wordpress.com)
- Bacchanal Season (ayearintrinidad.wordpress.com)
The Other Side of Carnival
With more than 60 interviews from professors, medical staff, police officers, government officials, students, tourists, every day locals and more, The Other Side of Carnival is able to highlight that while Carnival is an exciting occasion, it is a festival that creates turmoil, which is not widely visible…or is it just simply ignored?
Known as “The Greatest Show on Earth” by the citizens, this documentary captures the roots of Carnival and how far some go to keep the original idea alive, and how others attempt to integrate change.
Consummating over two years of research and interviews and with the coordination of a multi-national crew (Trinidad & Tobago, US and UK), The Other Side of Carnival does not pass judgment on Carnival in Trinidad & Tobago, but aims to bring an awareness of the type of influence that Carnival has on the population.
Join the global video capture today November 11th, 2011!
ONE DAY ON EARTH creates a picture of humanity by recording a 24-hour period throughout every country in the world. We explore a greater diversity of perspectives than ever seen before on screen. We follow characters and events that evolve throughout the day, interspersed with expansive global montages that explore the progression of life from birth, to death, to birth again. In the end, despite unprecedented challenges and tragedies throughout the world, we are reminded that every day we are alive there is hope and a choice to see a better future together.
Founded in 2008, ONE DAY ON EARTH set out to explore our planet’s identity and challenges in an attempt to answer the question: Who are we?
- ONE DAY ON EARTH [Video] (deaconjohn1987.wordpress.com)
- One Day on Earth – Motion Picture Trailer (cosmonavigator.wordpress.com)
- 11 – 11 – 11 (pixiq.com)
- One Day on Earth [Motion Picture Trailer] (thedenveregotist.com)
- If Today Was Your Last Day On Earth? (theway2fullconsciousness.wordpress.com)
- “One Day on Earth” (atec3326f11.wordpress.com)
- Red Earth Festival Turns 25 Years Old (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
The Soul Train Music Awards for 2011, have nominated Machel Montano for the prestigious award for the category of Best Caribbean Performance with his hit single, “Bend Over”. One of Montano’s more popular songs for 2011, “Bend Over” has left an indelible mark on many fans and concertgoers due to the catchy rhythms, lyrics and most of all, their spectacular performance. At every show, all are left with their jaws open as Machel Montano and his dancer Brithany Dookie performs to this song. Everyone stops and stares, literally. In this category, along side Machel Montano, the other nominees are:
All nominees are top performing artists and worthy contenders in the Best Caribbean Performance category. Machel commented on his nomination, “ both myself and Team HD feel honored and delighted that “Bend Over” has been nominated as we know how much energy that is pumped into each time we perform, always keeping it fresh for each show and always keeping the audience mesmerized.” The Soul Train Music Awards honors the best in Black music and entertainment and the voting committee comprises of active professionals from the arena of radio programming, music retail and management and recording artists with records that have charted in designated music trade publications in the year prior to proceedings.
For interviews, photos, music and press kit contact manager, James Walton at email@example.com or (818)517-5958.
Story by – Rachel Hitlal
interesting to me is that Machel and Movado don’t have any official music videos of their songs!
- Machel in the LIVE Lounge (bandwagonist.wordpress.com)
- 2011 Soul Train Awards Nominees Unveiled; Kanye West, Chris Brown & Beyonce Lead The Way (hiphopwired.com)
- Chris Brown, Beyonce Lead Soul Train Award Nods (mtv.com)
- MadMen Productions are Creating Musical History with Island Pop (bandwagonist.wordpress.com)
- UPDATED: Soca Monarch Results – Trinidad’s Power & Groovy Champions for Carnival 2011 (carolinetaylor.info)
- Fantastic Friday in Trinidad: the Soca Monarch Special (carolinetaylor.info)
well i eh have the joys associated with having a VaJayJay like WuzDeScene but i found this product interesting…
Women can rejoice — our very last wardrobe malfunction has now been addressed!
SmoothGroove is a comfortable, hygienically safe and discreet solution to Camel Toe, and fits easily and securely into underwear to provide a reassuringly smooth outline. It’s been designed to work with the natural movement of the body and prevents clothing from riding up at the front.
For more information or to purchase this product please visithttp://www.smoothgroovedesigns.com
Designer, stylist and former Miss T&T Universe Anya Ayoung-Chee speaks on ieTV’s One on One program about her career and her approach to obstacles. Anya became international news a few years ago when a private video was leaked to the internet; she has weathered that storm and says she embraces all aspects of herself including her sexuality. She also talks about fashion and the challenges that can arise from pushing the boundaries.
Vybz Kartel visits Jamaica’s premier entertainment television show, ON STAGE. The show covers the spectrum of Jamaican entertainment delving into the history, successes, failures and lifestyle of local and international exponents.
and the results are as follows… maybe a link to a video clip as well
- Karene Asche – Be Careful What You Ask For & Uncle Jack
- Michael ‘Sugar Aloes‘ Orsuna – De Cause
- Dr. Hollis Liverpool Chalkdust
- Devon Seales
- Dexter ‘Stinger’ Parsons
- Kurt Allen
- Brian London
- Tamika Darius
- Kizzie Ruiz – The Engine Stall
- Joanne Rowley – Woman To Woman
- Weston ‘Cro Cro’ Rawlins – Compare and Contrast
- Rodney ‘Benjai’ Le Blanc
King of Carnival 2011
- Wade Madray – Pacific Tsunami – 421
- Owen Hinds Jr. – Battle of the Marabuntas – 420
- Curtis Eustace – Bozo: D Legend Lives On – 416
- Marlon Rampersad – Bedazzled – 394
- Lionel Jagessar Jr. – Wakinyan: Quest Of The Feather Seeker – 387
- Roland St. George – Pan On Fire – 386
- Gerard Weekes – In The Beginning Good And Evil – 382
- Glenn Dave Lakhan – The Jewel Spider – 371
- Fareid Carvalho – Mr Carnival: The Return Of The Fire Man – 370
- Leroy Prieto - Mukasa: The God Of Water – 350
Queen of Carnival 2011
- Peola Marchand – The Jeweled Chandelier – 416
- Gloria Dallsingh – Splendor Of Lights – 414
- Kay Mason – Island Queen – 407
- Roxanne Omalo – Serpent Sorceress – 389
- Gayle Marcano – D Ruby Brooch – 387
- Cherryann Valere – Forest Blossom – 374
- Patricia Bailey – Diamonds Are Forever – 373
- Jenna Marie Andre – Botanica: A Floral Extravaganza – 372
- Avernell Johnson – Chia: The Goddess – 357
- Sevell Nicholls – In The End: Dance And Rejoice – 356